Written on back of postcard:
"L to Right 1914 (early) Smithers-
1) Eddie Hole railroad fireman-
2) Arthur Elliot [?] stenographer Grand Trunk Pacific
3) Bill Underhill - blacksmith (wind house)
4) Bob Checkley (self) clerk-
5) Yuen - chinese cook -
7) Harry Darling & son roundhouse foreman
6) Bud Fisher - accountant"
Written on back "The pile in the [?] at the signal she is dropped splash with the machine again and so- until the pile top will come under the hammer of the driver. then they drive as we have see them back home. The crew is 8 men, an engineer (c.c.) and an extra. In action they have a language all their own". and dated "7/3/1979."
Written on the back "this is a picture of one of the wrecks I had last fall and the first thing the superintendent sed [sic] when he got there was how did it happen george and the guy[?] that [?] the picture put that [?]."
Written on the front "How did it happen George?"